Sunday, October 30, 2011

Week 10


I don't find many members of my family easy to relate to, however, I have looked up to one cousin whom completed his master degree in Computer Science from USC.  I remember talking to him about high school, college, ect as a young elementary student.  The most memorable thing he always joked about was having to read Shakespeare plays.  When I talked to him last week, he asked me how my English 102 course was going and if I had studied any Shakespeare yet.  He is appalled that I have made it through so many years of English courses without taking any Shakespeare, because according to him; everyone has to! 

Despite Shakespeare being the absolute last thing I ever want to work with, I feel like I owe it to my cousin to dip my toes in the snake pit and do my final project on SHAKESPEARE!  He recalled reading the plays "The Tempest", "A Mid Summer nights Dream", and "Much Ado About Nothing".  So I can relate to him, I plan to use one or more of these plays for the backbone of my research project, with intent to read them all. 

My English 101 teacher introduced me into the YC Library search engines and databases on our school website, I intend to use that.  Specificity, I intend to use LION and possibly use Literature Criticism Online as an additional source. 

No comments:

Post a Comment